Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Roof, Roof, Roof!

...No it ain't no dog barking!


Things sure seem to happen fast when they start rolling, and when you don't know what to expect. We left for a couple jobs this morning around 9 am and when we got back around 3pm this afternoon, the roof was on! The soffits aren't formed yet but the building is covered...once the soffits are completed, it'll be water tight - at least the roof and soffits will be. The roof color was a compromise between Georgie and I...I wanted a darker roof but she didn't like the idea of it heating up so much in the summer...so we settled on a tanish gray color (grayish brown?)...doesn't translate too well via the photo I don't think. (I just knew I couldn't hack "white"!)


I asked the contractor about the energy heel trusses and he said they call it that because they are wider than normal scissor trusses, allowing more space for insulation. The insulation will come later.


It's hard to tell here but we had a complete ridge vent put in, to help with temperature/moisture issues in the airspace above the future insulation...the soffits will also help with ventillation.

I'll try and shoot the roof tomorrow again, before the sun gets so low on the horizon... besides, it'll look more finished then as well.


No comments: