Saturday, September 14, 2019

Of Moment and Place - coming soon!!!!!

 
And what have I been up to? Getting ready for a solo exhibit in 2 1/2 weeks! Actually I promised this show about 2 years ago...so its been a long haul. After promising the show, a time had to be scheduled and its surprising how far ahead these exhibits are planned! Regardless of all that - the time is drawing near and I'm still frantically framing and cataloging and labeling things here!


The Pearson Lakes Art Center will be hosting the exhibit from October 3 through January 4th. The exhibit will consist of paintings, drawings and photography and I've treated this show a bit differently, at least in my head. As far as paintings, I'm breaking these up into plein air works, studio paintings and commissioned work...some of all these never before exhibited outside my home and some from private collections of clients that have been gracious enough to loan these for this exhibit. Aside from commissioned pieces, the paintings, drawings and photographs relate to my personal interests...birds, the tallgrass prairie and to the landscape.

Oddly enough and unbeknown to many, it was "Birds" that were responsible for my beginnings in photography, drawing and painting. Many years ago I posted a blog on "where it all started"...I'll leave a link if anyone's interested. I guess we all had to start somewhere.

https://prairiepainter.blogspot.com/2010/03/from-beginning.html

Its my hope the exhibit "Of Moment and Place" will give life to the things that have been my path for the past 50-60 years.

When - October 3rd, 2019 through January 4, 2020

Opening Reception - October 3rd, from 5:00-7:00 p.m. - the public is invited!

Where - Pearson Lakes Art Center, Okoboji, Iowa
(2201 Hwy 71, Okobiji, Iowa 51355 - 712 332-7013)


More Information - https://www.lakesart.org/visual-arts/bruce-morrison-moment-and-place

This has been a very long time in coming - hope to see you there!


 

No comments: