Friday, September 11, 2015

Print(s) of the Week - "Morning Beatitude I and II"!

 "Morning Beatitude I"
photograph - © Bruce A. Morrison

 "Morning Beatitude II"
photograph - © Bruce A. Morrison
(click on either image for a larger view) 

This week's "Print of the Week" is a double treat!  I created the "Morning Beatitude" number 1 print last year, and this year have added "Morning Beatitude" number 2 to the collection.  Both images are of the same creek (Waterman Creek across the valley from the studio), and the images are from the same stretch of creek but the newest addition (print number 2) is slightly downstream from the original image (number 1).

These are both very idealistic landscapes of a wonderful quiet and serene summer morning.  Webster's defines "beatitude" as "A state of utmost bliss." and I have to concur that is exactly my feeling during these depictions along this beautiful stream!  Of course we could get into the Biblical use of "Beatitude", but suffice it to say I truly felt blessed myself at this time and place.

I have printed these two photographs as a matching pair, or to be considered separately - whatever your situation desires or dictates; both are beautiful snippets of a time and place that will ingratiate any home, office or locale!

Thank you for stopping by the studio blog today!  I want to remind everyone out there that the 2015 Artisans Road Trip is coming up soon!  On October 10th and 11th (Saturday and Sunday) we will be taking part in the 12th year of the A.R.T. here at the studio!  Be sure and put us on your calendar if you can - we'd love to see you!

Have a great last few days of summer!


 

No comments: