Friday, March 25, 2011

Work'n It!

Song Sparrow's are once again singing here!
photograph - © Bruce A. Morrison

I was working in the studio this afternoon...it'd been snowing today but the temps rose enough to melt the lightly blanketed landscape.  As I plugged along I heard this beautiful bird song just outside the front door...got up and peered out the window and there sat a Song Sparrow in blissful song!  Wow what an optimist!  And what a singer; he may not know a lot of songs but he sings this one beautifully!

"Sunrise on Negus's Bales"
12x20" - oil painting on mounted canvas
© Bruce A. Morrison
(click on image for a larger view)

I just finished my latest painting.  It was based on a landscape in the neighborhood that I photographed last fall.  I thought at the time I found the landscape in question, that it'd like to paint the scene.  I finally was able to make it come to pass; I enjoy taking a moment that speaks to me, and turn it into a translation through paint and brushes.  You can certainly see the influence of the original photograph on the painting, but f you look closer, you'll also see my translation picks and chooses what I like and leave out what I don't...that's really something all artists do when painting or drawing anything.

The "Sunrise on Negus's Bales" is a "neighborhood" painting - I truly love doing these works closer to home.  Our home is where our hearts are and isn't it normal for someone to celebrate what touches them in an uplifting way?!!!

Speaking of "uplifting", the Song Sparrow has been joined by the Junco and Harris Sparrow music throughout the acreage...and you can't ignore the more raucous "music" of the hundreds of Red-winged Blackbirds that have been filling the acreage's tree tops!

As I mentioned in the last blog - spring is here, and we're work'n it!!!

No comments: