Monday, October 29, 2007

Back to Art

Thought I'd change gears today and discuss a couple exhibits coming up...one which I'll be participating in and another which made the former possible.

Artwork by Barb McGee

First, a good artist and friend is having a one person exhibit in November (that's coming up soon isn't it!) at the Witter Gallery in Storm Lake, Iowa. Barb McGee is one of my favorite watercolorists and a darn good painter...I'm hoping to make it to her Artist Reception at the Witter Gallery on November 15 (6-7:00 p.m.). The Witter is at 609 Cayuga Street in Storm Lake for those out there that are unfamiliar with it. Barb has a gallery in Peterson, Iowa and since she has to take her work to the Witter, she's letting myself and a couple other area artists have a triple showing at her gallery. Thanks Barb! Hope we don't poke too many holes in your walls!!! Ha!

Actually the two other artists asked me if I'd be interested in exhibiting with them...Judy Hemphill, Photographer from Spencer, Iowa and Sue Biederman , Artist from Everly, Iowa.


Sue and Judy and I decided to name the exhibit "Total Triptych", and the opening night starts this Friday at 4:00 - 7:30 p.m. Come on down to McGee's Gallery in Peterson and check us out! We'll even feed ya!


No comments: