OK, sorta sounds like I'm complaining, well I'm not really...just making involuntary noises. I'm not as spry as I used to be!
Georgie and I started the remainder of the gallery aisle floor yesterday and are now about 2/3's finished!
Yesterday we laid out the joists and then shimmed and put down the OSB surface.
The old roof planks are so wonky (that a real word?) that we are constantly forced to improvise or compromise...depending on how you look at it.
We have enough boards (!), that was great news; I'd been worried about that since we finished the studio floor. However we couldn't get picky like with the studio boards; those we cut out as many knot holes and blemishes as we could.
As you'll notice we put the gallery aisle boards in perpendicular to the studio floor planks. Georgie and I both think this actually helps make the gallery aisle look larger. It also helps delineate the space from the other. (And made it much easier to handle than if we'd gone length-wise.)
We'll have a ton of knot holes to fill, but we'll worry about that later. Should be done with the floor tomorrow afternoon and then on to other nasty chores...