Saturday, February 6, 2016

Always Interesting

"First Light-Late Summer Beans"
oil painting - © Bruce A. Morrison
(click on image for a larger view) 
 
One thing about being cold and white out here this winter - it gives a person more time for studio easel work!  At least between the times "moving snow" this weather brings any way!
 
I like this type of landscape; not that bean fields are the kind of thing I look for - never done one before.  No, its the light and atmosphere, the linear qualities, composition and color...warm colors of summer.
 
This is an actual scene I came across here in the "neighborhood" just last summer.  It was a nice scene that I thought about just photographing but the more time I gave myself there that morning, the more I liked the idea of painting it instead.  Saving the idea this had given me for colder times helps warm the spirit!
 
Its always interesting when I pass by a location hundreds of times, but its just this one instance that gave me pause...an ordinary scene with a song of its own.  I'm very grateful I heard it!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: