Saturday, September 19, 2015

Art EMC 2015 Corporate Purchase Announced

Art EMC 2015 artwork selection
top "July in the Valley", center " Along the Southeast Corner Fence Line", and bottom "Creek's Bend" all oil paintings © Bruce A. Morrison
 
Although it began in 2005 - 2013 was the first year I heard about EMC Insurance's program to support the arts in Iowa...they have a program called "Art EMC" and every 2 years they put the word out to Iowa Artists that they will purchase an undeclared number of works from Iowa Artists that year for their Corporate Art Collection.  Not only that but they leave the purchasing up to the voting via their employees - which really makes it even more unique!
 
Art EMC 2013 artwork selection
"Medford Avenue Bridge" oil painting © Bruce A. Morrison
 
In 2013 I submitted 3 pieces of work for consideration and the EMC employee vote honored me with the purchase of my painting "Medford Avenue Bridge" for their collection...they have since used that painting to illustrate their Art EMC program online and in their brochures.
 
This year the artwork specifications had changed slightly and I only had 3 paintings available that met the criteria so I entered all 3 pieces.  During the summer I was apprised that my work had passed through each voting period but no word as to which painting might have been the vote getter...until this week when I was told a decision had been made and I was one of the finalists.  
 
When I asked the 2015 Art EMC Art Coordinator Caitlin Stewart which piece the EMC employees had selected she said, "Well, this is a bit unusual but - all 3!"  Wow!
 
I'm very happy to say the least and a bit overwhelmed!  I have to make a delivery run to Des Moines now but, hey - that's OK!  And I do have to make a return trip back to EMC in November when they will have a dedication of all the artwork that has been purchased for the EMC Corporate Art Collection through their 2015 Art EMC program! 
 
Great ending to summer!


No comments: