Friday, July 5, 2013

Close to Home

"Waterman Morning"
photograph © Bruce A. Morrison
(click on image for a larger view) 

Its interesting how we often over look things that are closer to home. I know, as a kid I always thought things were much cooler out down the railroad tracks a few miles west of town.  I'd go down that path every chance I had; I eventually found out I'd been walking right past all sorts of hidden treasure and adventure...some even in my own backyard!

Nothing has changed, but I do consider my own backyard as something of a larger scale than when I was a young person.  I generally don't tend to wander that far on a daily basis because I'm constantly finding things in my own "back yard" that are stirring and new. 

A couple mornings back I found This wonderful landscape in the early morning light, just a hop, skip and a jump from my very back door.  This is Waterman Creek of course and it never ceases to amaze me how beautiful it is close up...and even closer to home!
 

No comments: