Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Thank You!

"Little Sioux Valley Autumn"
photo © Bruce A. Morrison

It was a beautiful weekend during the Artisans Road Trip...the fields here were busy with the harvest and those who were able to get out into the country side enjoyed the clear fall air and warm sunshine.

Here at the Prairie Hill Farm Studio we had many new visitors, which is a good thing!  I like showing work to folks that have never been here - and people that haven't been to the farm or studio are always amazed at the beauty of our location and the studio itself.  It's great to see first impressions in people's eyes!  :)

I'm happy to say that there were several original works that found new homes this year, and I'm always glad to see pieces go to a good home...warms my heart!  You'll notice a few "Sold Signs" at the Studio's web site.  I also have some commissioned work this year which I think is great as well!  In fact I was out and about this morning gathering field material for a commissioned oil painting...autumn is my favorite time of the year to be outside.

I'd like to take a moment to say "Thank You" to everyone who stopped by Prairie Hill Farm Studio to see us.  Thank you for your patronage, interest and support!

Have a great Autumn!

2 comments:

Linda said...

WOW!! What a view!! It would be a very hard choice to make, if I had to select a location of beauty, between the valley,and in the Pikes Peak Nat’l forest, in the fall. I LOVE the contrast of the white aspen, with golden leaves, green of the pines, covered in a blue, blue sky. But then, Colo. is missing the green of the Iowa grasses, the variety of tree colors, the gold of the corn and bean fields.

Either way, Bruce….God’s country!! Thanks for sharing…I’m gonna do the same, if you don’t mind…e-it to some relatives, in Idaho, who are originally from southern Mn.

Sue said...

Hi Bruce,

I love it! So beautiful! Looks like a piece of Heaven on Earth.

Glad to hear such success at the A.R.T.

Best,

Sue